1 Day Tour in Bangalore
If you are sitting in a dinner table with your family on Friday evening and discussing about the fun destinations on Saturday or Sunday, this article will help you to choose a perfect location where you can unwind yourself from a stressful week’s work and your family can enjoy your company with fun. Here we list a few places where you can hang out in weekends with your friends and family.
- Bannerghatta National Park: Located 20 km south of Bangalore, you will love this place with its greenery and hills; there are lion and tiger reserves, reptile park and a butterfly park, Watch out for some beautiful white tigers. There is a museum in the zoo, which shares some knowledge about the zoological creatures. This place is a home to many endangered species, which welcomes visitors and tourists with open arms, any time from 9.00am to 5.00 pm except for Tuesdays, which happens to be the park’s day off, giving the animals a day to unwind after a tiring week of entertaining the homosapiens. September to January is the ideal time to visit this place.
- Muthyalamaduvu is a picnic spot 40 km from Bangalore near Anekal. In Kannada, Muthyalamaduvu means ‘pearl valley’ (muthu = pearl and maduvu = valley), apparently named for its 92 feet waterfall, whose falling water appears to look like drops of pearl. The source of the water is the nearby Onakanahalli Tank. There are quite a few resorts to chose from nearby and there is a KSTDC run restaurant. Due to its verdant foliage, Muthyalamaduvu is popular among urbanites as a weekend retreat. Muthyalamaduvu is an hour drive from Bangalore. It is approximately 35 km on the periphery of Bannerghatta National Park. To reach the place, head out on Bannerghatta Road, continue beyond Bannerghatta National Park and reach Anekal.
- Bheemeshwari is a small town that lies between the Shivanasamudra falls and Mekedatu falls, on the Cauvery River in Mandya district of Karnataka. It is a great spot for eco-tourism and is a natural habitat for the Mahseer fish found in the waters of the Cavery. Mahseer is considered as one of the finest game fish in the world. The surrounding lush forest cover is home to many animas like elephants, wild boars, monkeys, jackals, crocodiles, otters and leopards; as well as a variety of water birds like herons, ibis, cormorants and kingfisher. The river Cauvery has made Bheemeshwari a major fishing hub. Hoards of enthusiastic anglers throng here every year to try their luck at fishing. A number of fishing camps have sprouted here for catching the Mahseer – the finest game fish in India. These camps provide comfortable tents equipped with all basic facilities like cots, mosquito nets, shower and toilet. Food is usually served in the open-air common dining room.
- Dodda Aalada Mara (The Big Banyan Tree): The Big Banyan Tree is about 30 kms from Bangalore. On the Mysore Road, turn right after the Rajarajeshwari Dental College to get to the Big Banyan Tree. It is a tree that is more than 400 years old and has its wines comfortable spread out to make a cool picnic spot underneath it. Be warned that this place is going to be more crowded that you expect it to be. You will see families, groups of friends and lovers jamming the place. And if you are planing on eating some snacks while enjoying the cool shade of the tree, think again. You may get robbed of your snacks by stray monkeys. But dont lose heart, just 14 kms from The Big Banyan Tree there is the Manchanbele Backwaters and dam that can make your day complete.
- Manchanbele is a small village about 45 kms from Bangalore. On the Mysore road, turn right after the Rajarajeshwari Dental College and cross The Big Banyan Tree (Dodda Aalad Mara) and Bayalu Halli (Bayalu Village) to get to Manchanbele. Manchanabele Dam is manmade irrigational dam on the Arkavati river in the village of Manchanbele. The dam may not be an exciting piece of architecture but what takes your breath away is the beauty of the water and the mountains around them. It is an excellent picnic spot with a million dollar view. The best time to reach there would be early evening, say 4 pm onwards as there are no trees for shelter from the sun, it can get a little unpleasant during the first half of the day.
As these places are at driving distance, you can take your vehicle and enjoy the drive, or else you can book bus to visit these places. Lot of tour operators have package tour for 1 day trip in Bangalore. You can check those online too. Online bus booking is fairly easy, you can search, compare and do bus booking from your home at your convenience.
Posted on June 6, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged bus bookings, bus tickets, online bus ticket booking, online reservation bus service, ticket booking for bus. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.